Friday, August 29, 2008

I hate 'meta' posts - but here's one anyway...

I really don't like talking about blogging in a blog - especially when it's supposed to be an 'on topic' blog like this one. None the less, here I am.

Life's been 'interesting' lately, and I'm just not having the time to create my home server - forget blog about it too. Apologies. The entries are still coming, and I hope to get back to at least every couple of days until the initial setup is complete, but I'm not going to be there in the next little while anyway.

To keep this from being a totally wasted entry I can mention this - I applied a fresh coat of heat transfer paste to the cpu and heat sink, then ran a memory check over night with no reoccurance of heat issues or memory problems. Looks like that machine is back in business.

Just as a backup, I also tested a very similar Dell GX110, which has roughly the same CPU and 256 meg of old fashioned SDRAM. So, if things fall apart with machine A I can just keep right on going.

If you're tired of waiting for entries whenever I happen to get to them, I'm giving you an out.

Here's the Cole's Notes version of installing and using eBox from howtoforge.com.

This blog - endless regular entries - condensed to three pages....

Well, kind of anyway.

Let me know what you think of the entries so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment